Thursday, October 1, 2009

Better and Better

I just have to take a minute to share our happiness in seeing Jacob's progress. He is doing so well! While there are things that he still can't do or doesn't tolerate, the list is a good bit shorter than it was. Only last year he couldn't handle big crowds or new places. Now they don't seem to phase him a bit. Last year when we took him to Disneyland, I prayed for weeks beforehand and experienced a good bit of anxiety about how he would take it. (My prayers were answered, actually-- the morning of Disneyland he got sick and was sick enough to just sit in his stroller the whole day-- poor little guy.) Now I think that he would LOVE Disneyland. He used to cry all durning sacrament meeting because he wanted to go to nursery, but now as long as he has things to do, he'll be happy. He used to refuse to go down the slide at the playground, but now he'll tackle the big slides all by himself. He sleeps in a toddler bed (or Benjamin's bed if it isn't occupied), feeds himself with a spoon, rides the bus without crying, waves "hi" and "good-bye", and even raises his hand at school when the teacher asks who wants to do the calendar (he likes to hold the pointer stick they use for it)!

We are so proud of our litte Jacob and have great hope that his list of "can't dos" will get shorter and shorter as time goes on!

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic! That kid is smart. His smarts are a bit hidden, but they are definitely there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my boy!!!!! Reading about his accomplishments brings a smile to my face. You know how I feel about handicapped kids in general and Jacob is mine (really Christa...not yours, mine....trust me on this one). He holds a very, very special place in my heart. I love that boy. Each success he has is huge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually got a little teary eyed reading that post. He is such a wonderful little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress! And it seems like a lot at once since we don't get to see the "baby steps" along the way! But I will soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make us cry good tears. We are so happy and grateful for your faith and love and our dear little Jacob. Watch out he'll be doing the bar on the bicycle trick before we know it.

    ReplyDelete