Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Viva Las Vegas!

Talk about luxury: I just woke up at 8:45 and crawled out of bed after a night of eating at a delicious buffet (of course I gorged myself mostly on crab and shrimp, but I also enjoyed many tasty things such as seaweed salad, sushi, squid salad, exotic olives, smoked salmon, smoked trout, and finished it off with some amazing desserts!) and seeing the Lion King, which was amazing! And after sleeping in, I just came over and turned on the computer-- no changing diapers, getting Jacob's meds, getting breakfast for hungry boys, getting ready for buses, etc, etc, etc! My dear in-laws are doing all of that while I lounge on the couch here waiting for Brigham to wake up. And while I really do miss my chiquitos, I must say that I am thoroughly enjoying myself! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Mom and Dad Dastrup!

Brigham also had his first Vegas interview yesterday. It went well and we are finding it hard to make decisions between so many good options! Obviously, we may not have the choice of choosing between all of them since we may not be offered a job everywhere, so maybe that will make it easier for us. Both Utah jobs said that we should probably know by the end of the month, and this job said by the first week of November, so maybe we won't have to be in suspense that much longer. What did we used to talk about before the job search began??

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

    I hope you pick Utah! (After they offer, of course)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO glad you are living it up! You absolutely deserve it. (And it sounds heavenly, by the way.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who are you and what did you do with my daughter!???
    MY DAUGHTER would never try so many weird new things on her own!! Some ghost has taken possession of her body...Brigham, you better call for an exorcist! Quick!
    The things I used to do to get you to try NORMAL foods! And now, if it is weird...she'll try it! No coercion needed!

    I am glad you are enjoying yourselves in LV!
    You are way overdue for some R and R!

    Go Brigham go! May the bidding wars begin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm glad you got a break...I've seen first hand how busy those boys of yours can be. Nobody is more deserving!
    I think that this is a very exciting time...trying to decide where you want to live for at least a large chunk of your life. Good luck with decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If anyone deserves a break, you do. It sounds like you are taking full advantage of it. Good job. I'm with yer mom on the food thing....I can't believe you're eating so many different things. You weren't like that as a kid! :) I guess it's yet another sign you're not my little, dependant girl any more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was fun to read both of your posts! We were "blue" with envy. We had a great time taking care of your boys! You are all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete