Wednesday, October 28, 2009

New Tricks

Well, dear blog readers, now that we are employed, I'm afraid that our news just isn't going to have the same level of excitement for you. No more interviews or speculation about where we'll end up...


To try to make you feel better, I'll start by sharing one of the precious moments of my day. I heard Benjamin yelling from the bathroom, "Mom! I'm going potty and Ty's in here splashing in the water!" I ran in to find Benjamin holding up the toilet seat watching Ty splash happily in the pretty yellow water. Ty's other trick that he started today made me a lot happier: He started waving! Brigham walked into the room, and Ty waved at him! I thought it might be a fluke, but Brigham walked out of the room and then walked back in, and it happened again! Sometimes it's hard for me not to think that he is the most amazing kid in the whole world since he follows Jacob who meets milestones a lot later-- Jacob only mastered waving about a month ago! (I have to confess that even though Ty's milestone achievements amaze me, Jacob's THRILL me.)

Jacob's also learned some new tricks. He learned how to turn the light on a couple of weeks ago, and today he learned how to turn on the CD player. So tonight a few minutes after I put him to bed I was surprised to see the light shining under the door and hear "Old MacDonald" pumping as well. I went in and found Jacob bouncing on Benjamin's bed and partying it up. I had to turn the CD player all the way off and tape the light switch to keep him from pulling an all-nighter. What a kid! He's decided that he REALLY doesn't like to wear diapers, and I am forced to put overalls that are criss-crossed in the front on top of his school clothes to keep him from taking off his pants and diaper every two minutes. Potty training will probably begin next week, and while I am sure that it will be a very LONG and PAINFUL process, I'm ready to just do it!

Benjamin's new favorite past time is playing football with the neighbor boys, and he's taken a new interest in BYU football, which couldn't make his dad happier. He's counting down the days until Halloween and prays in every prayer that the days until then will be filled with fun things so that it will feel like they go faster.

I love a quote that my dear friend passed along to me, "The days are long, but the years are short." It's so true! What a time-intensive, wonderful, fun family I have!

5 comments:

  1. [Waving at Ty] Good luck with Jacob's potty training. As much as he doesn't like to wear diapers, maybe it will be easier than you think. Maybe. Hope so. What do you mean no excitement since there's no more speculation. There's not only excitement, but elation BECAUSE there is no more speculation and the news was the best news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're homesick for our family in the Q. We miss you and loved the time we got spend with you. Thanks for the great posts! Grandpa & Grandma D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Ty is the smiliest little guy I have ever seen! SO CUTE!
    TY: "MOM you are such a spoil sport-and MEAN! You won't even let me play in the water on my level!"
    Great Blog, keep it up! And good luck training Jacob! Maybe Benjamin should add it to his prayers! Seems like his prayers are pretty effective!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quote is exactly right.

    GOOD LUCK with potty training. It is a struggle with a NORMAL child! Good thing Rug Doctors exist.

    Ty is such a cute smiley little guy! I miss him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE hearing about your everyday life!

    ReplyDelete