Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Cute Little Boys

The big news of the day is that I saw a tooth starting to cut through in Ty's little mouth! That explains a lot. I really can't complain though. Ty is the most fun, adorable baby I have ever seen in my life. He is happy almost all of the time, so I figured that he was probably teething since he's been cranky for the last week or so.

Ty has added a new skill to his growing list (which includes crawling all over and pulling up to standing on almost everything). I call it the "flip and twist". He employs it several times per diaper change, making what used to be a simple proceedure more of an olympic event. The name pretty much says it all. As soon as the diaper is off, Ty does this amazing flip over onto his stomach-- even if I'm holding onto his feet-- and he's halfway across the room before I have time to react if I don't have ahold of him. If I do then it's a wrestling match to get him back over and the diaper on before he does it again. Benjamin told me that he thinks Ty will be in the Olympics some day, and at the rate he's going, I'm inclined to agree with his assessment.

Jacob continues to terrorize our unattended electronics and eat his books. He's enjoying being back in his special preschool program and riding the bus. He's decided that he's a big boy now and that Benjamin's car seat at the back of the van is THE cool place to be. Every time he gets in the car he makes a beeline to Benjamin's seat, sits down, and trys to put the seatbelt on. The first time I decided to let him sit there and helped him put the seatbelt on, he shrieked with joy. The same goes for Benajmin's bed. Every night when Benjamin goes to bed we find Jacob asleep in his place. It's so fun to see Jaoob idolizing his big brother like every other little brother does.

Benjamin is counting down until his 6th birthday (only 2 more days!) and can talk of little else. He is excited for a friend party and being able to stay up as late as he wants!

3 comments:

  1. that is so cute that Jacob is trying to be like Benjamin. Best form of flattery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name "flip and twist". Cooper also master that move when he was younger, I finally resorted to changing him on the floor so I could put my leg over top of him. It was the only was to keep him from getting poop all over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to be Jacob! I love that he wants to be like Benjamin. Would you please tell Ty to stop growing, I'm missing it all. And as for Benjamin, the girls in our house have figured out that when you marry you take the last name of your husband. The latest conversation is when Ellie grows up her last name will be Dastrup. Benjamin....run for your life!

    ReplyDelete