Sunday, September 20, 2009

Ty On Top of the Food Chain

I spend a surprising chunk of my day cleaning up after Jacob (who chews almost everything to bits and leaves little pieces of plastic, paper, wood, or whatever material his latest object of mastication might be everywhere) to try to keep Ty (who has shown interest in becoming a vaccuum cleaner when he grows up) from choking to death. A couple of days ago I noticed our little Tiger doing some hunting under the table, and I quickly ran over to see if it was a surveillance mission only or if there was actually something edible under there. I didn't see any food on the ground, but what I did see was a trail of ants leading both to and from... nothing. Being the great detective that I am, I quickly put two and two together and did a finger-sweep of Ty's mouth. I found there exactly what I was afraid of-- a dried-out piece of bread covered in dead ants. Ty Dastrup-- asserting his dominance at the top of the food chain.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe he'd like the chocolate covered ants instead?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun stuff. When do kids grow out of the human vacuum cleaner stage? Emmy's doing the same thing. Fortunately she hasn't eaten any ants that we know of, but we can't guarantee she hasn't eaten something worse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posts are sooo fun and sooo funny. We love them.

    ReplyDelete