Saturday, September 5, 2009

Benjamin's Birthday



Yesterday was Benjamin's 6th birthday. Where has the time gone? Has it truly been six years since that moment when I saw him for the first time-- the moment that changed my life forever? I remember just being in awe at how tiny and perfectly beautiful he was. I also remember being scared to death of him. I remember falling to pieces and having my Mom do his first diaper change at home because he was crying and I couldn't bear to see his little circumcision. We've both come a long way since then!

Benjamin is my smart little sweetheart. He skipped kindergarten this year and is still in the top reading group of his class. He is tender-hearted and looks out for his little brothers. He does like to test his limits from time to time, but overall nobody could ask for a better kid. We love our Benjamin!



On a lighter note, after getting kiddos out the door when the party was over, I came back in to find a big chunk of Benjamin's cake missing and a tell-tale trail of crumbs and frosting leading to a greasy, chocolatey handprint on the couch, and then continuing to the Love Sac where I found a grinning Jacob bouncing and licking the bigger crumbs off his hand. We don't call him the Master of Disaster for nothing!

1 comment:

  1. Look at that cake!!! You have SKILLS, Christa! He must have felt so loved with all the screaming/singing. I had to laugh to see Moo still a central part of the festivities.

    ReplyDelete