Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cuddles


The other day I was shocked and delighted to see Ty cuddling into Jacob while they watched Baby Bumblebee together (Yes, I DO let my children watch TV sometimes. Call me a bad parent if you want to, but all I can say is come walk a mile in my shoes.). I was shocked because Jacob usually pulls Ty's hair if he's close enough to touch, and Ty rarely holds still long enough for anyone to hug him. But there they were-- cuddled together with Jacob occasionally stroking Ty's hair. It was a precious moment that warmed my heart clear through! Of course, once I pulled out the camera, Benjamin wanted to be part of the action, too.

Speaking of Benjamin, why is it that when he has a whole closet full of cute clothing, he always wears the two ugly shirts that I keep around for messy activities?

4 comments:

  1. That's sweet. Jacob has a tender heart. And to answer your question: He's a boy. Comfort wins out over fashion ANY day of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you use the tools available to you when needed. Your a great mother...so stop giving yourself guilt trips!
    Wow, Ty has changed since I was there in October! Fun heartwarming stuff!
    BTW, if those 2 shirts mysteriously disappear, he will have to wear the better shirts! and what do you know: They turned up when it was time to go camping!! Fun POST!! Thanks.
    I still want the website to the place you are interested in in SL valley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great post! I love it even thinking of Jacob and Ty snuggling together. Loved the photo of all three boys together. Keep feeling so happy about your great primary report!

    ReplyDelete