Saturday, November 14, 2009

Swined

As much as we love having visitors, I recommend that everyone stay as far away from our place as possible for awhile. Although Benjamin had a day when he felt better, he is very sick again. Yesterday I spent from 3:30-7:30 pm at the pediatric clinic (with all 3 little boys-- can I just say how excited I am that we are moving to Utah so I never have to have such harrowing experiences as that ever again??) while they did chest x-rays on Benjamin and gave him IV fluids. I was sick myself, but fortunately I didn't start vomiting until after we got home. Then I called Brigham in Gallup and asked if he could please come home. Fortunately, he is able to switch his Saturday shift to next week and is here taking care of all of us. Ty woke up with a fever this morning (which could just be a reaction to the 2 flu shots he got yesterday), but poor Benjamin is the one we are still very concerned about. He threw up all night long and still can't drink. Brigham's currently gone to get him an anti-nausea prescription, but unless that works, he'll be back in the hospital by later today. As my sister Cambrie put it when she had her bout with this nastiness, "H1N1 NE1?"

10 comments:

  1. Ug! I'm sorry! I can only imagine how tough that would be to be at a medical facility for that long with sick boys + jacob and being sick yourself. Poor little guys! May it pass quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sincerely hope ya'all get feeling better real quick. It doesn't sound fun at all. Yup...when you're in Utah, you have family support around to help with tough things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for you as well. We're going to see how things are on Monday before making a decision on whether to visit you. We might have to put it off 'till Spring. We will see....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuck! No fun! Grr! Ugh! Boo! Hiss!

    I am so so sorry. Wish we could be closer to help out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really MOM: Yeah, if you were in SLC, I could easily help out! Hopefully this will be the last time you have to do this alone! I am sorry you have to deal with it at all! Give Benjamin kisses from me and tell him I love him, and get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thinking of selling "I survived the swine flu pandemic" T shirts. How many should I put you down for?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry Christa. We're praying for you guys to get better quick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOTS OF PRAYERS COMING YOUR WAY!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You poor thing!!! I wish we lived next door again so we could help you out! Praying you guys get over this quickly and all feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are so grateful that you are all doing better. Can't wait until lyou can trade that 90% for 100%!

    ReplyDelete