Saturday, November 7, 2009

Dastrup Daily

Benjamin and I are reading the second Harry Potter book together, and I've decided that it is a great idea. Benjamin got over his crush on me awhile ago, and while I realize that this is a good thing, I have to admit that I miss his expressions of undying love and even his marriage proposals. The last few days, however, Benjamin has said to me on several occasions, "Mom, you are the greatest mom in the whole world. I'm so glad that you are my mom. Thank you for not being like Harry's Aunt and Uncle... Thanks for being nice to me and not locking me up." Voila! Once again I am the worlds greatest mom! Thank you, J.K.!

For those of you wondering how Jacob's potty training is going, the answer is very slowly. He did go potty in the toilet once yesterday and once again today, but it certainly wasn't voluntary. I can tell that he hasn't made the connection in his mind yet that excreting in the toilet is the reason I'm making him sit there. I know he'll get it, but I do think it will be a LONG project! Last night as I listened to Ty crying for about an hour in the middle of the night, I decided that I must like to torture myself-- potty training Jacob and sleep training a teething Ty at the same time-- while Brigham is gone to Gallup four days a week. Tonight I've decided to pull out my leg hairs with tweezers just to keep it real around here.

5 comments:

  1. It's an awsome responsibility isn't it....being responsible for the lives and training of three people. The reward is the love your kids have for you and the people they turn out to be. So far so good Teeta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so hilarious! Thanks for the fun update. We are way proud of all you do with your trio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got your hands full. and PS every mom loves a little torture because its the means to a better end, right? You've inspired me to try potty training Ruby....again. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there Christa! You're amazing --- and if you want my opinion, I think you're super mom for doing all this while Brigham is gone all month!! You definitely deserve a big prize when it's all over with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once you finish Harry Potter, you can move to Roald Dahl's books. They're full of mean aunts and comically cruel parents. You'll continue to look great in comparison.

    ReplyDelete