Sunday, June 6, 2010

Utahans Once Again

After seven years, the prodigals have returned to Utah! Those were seven very challenging years, but they were also wonderful. I loved meeting such amazing people and exploring the different cultures. We've picked up things in both Baltimore and Albuquerque that are now a part our daily lives (Old Bay seasoning and green chilies for example). We've made lifelong friends and seen a lot of neat places. But we are glad to be home. How great it is to have family around! I want to thank everyone who helped us with our move, but I especially want to give a shout out to my parents and brothers Chad and Brett who all took almost a whole week off of work to come down and help us move out of ABQ and move into our new house. They were awesome and amazing. I shudder to think of how long it would have taken us to do all of that by ourselves!

Brigham is back in New Mexico finishing up his residency, but the boys and I are official Utahans. The work around here never ends, but it is so awesome to live in such a beautiful house in such a great area! And I've never felt so welcomed to a new place! We've already met all of our surrounding neighbors, and they are all SO nice. Benjamin has made friends with a couple of the neighborhood kids but is too shy to go over to ask if they can play, so he waits for them to come out. It also turns out that this is "the place" to be for special needs programs-- that people move here just to get the programs. Everything has fallen into place so beautifully, and we just couldn't be happier unless Brigham were here. For so many years I've wondered if it could all be worth it, and I'm pleased to say that the answer is YES!

5 comments:

  1. yeah!! I'm so excited for you! And I like your new blog name....vaguely familiar : ) but it is the truth! I'm excited to see your place next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, that's so great, so glad to hear everything went well and you are settling into your new home. CONGRATULATIONS!!! love you guys!!! the gees

    ReplyDelete
  3. ......and you haven't even seen your Willises yet.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so great that you can just bop down to see us & visa versa in 35 minutes! So fun to have you as a regular part of our lives again!

    ReplyDelete