Sunday, May 16, 2010

Jacob's Talent Show

This week Jacob's school put on a talent show, and Jacob's class was in it. They have what they call their "Fourth Grade Buddies"-- a class of 4th graders who comes into their class once every couple of weeks or so to play with them, and they helped Jacob and his class do the show. Brigham and I cried through it (I know, I know-- I've been bawling a lot lately), though neither one of us can tell you exactly why. For me it was mostly two things: 1. There was my Jacob up on the stage like any other kid! 2. There was a fourth grader kneeling behind him, helping him to do the actions, and losing her moment in the sun to give him one. I think Jacob's teacher has been so inspired on so many occasions. How brilliant to give these preschoolers with difficulties fourth grade buddies to look out for them at school! Anyway, we loved the show and hope you will too.(I had to let it buffer a lot to get it to play.) Click here to see Jacob in "The World's Greatest"

5 comments:

  1. That was cool to watch. I wondered if he was just getting excited when he started to jump...but then realized he was just getting warmed up for the jump! You could say he got the jump on the jump. :-) I think it's great that they let the "regular" kids interact with the special kids like that.....they never did that when I was in school and the special needs kids were always something different and strange and, frankly, it caused a mental separation and probably sparked a lot of teasing. I smiled all the way through the video watching him enjoying the help he was getting from the girl (except right before it started). I could tell he was happy to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the video. My favorite part was also the jump warm up. Way to go Jacob.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have got your crying from me, cause I cried too. So fun to see him participating in a show with other kids. Very sweet, and I agree that i is a great program to have the older buddy to be involved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay you made me cry too, what a great kid. that was so cute.
    we miss you guys like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope all this wet doesn't ruin our computer. Jacob was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete