Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Prayer Answered

Ty came down with croup last Saturday and has been a pretty miserable baby until today when he seems to finally be feeling a little better. I mentioned previously that Ty has his bear, whom he loves fiercely. Well, the day before yesterday, Bear disappeared mysteriously. We usually try to keep him in the crib, but we were being more relaxed about it because Ty was so miserable. I searched high and low for Bear and even offered to pay Benjamin a dollar if he could find him, but with no luck. Finally, I said a prayer in my heart to ask Heavenly Father to help us find Bear because I thought it might help cheer Ty up. Not long afterwards, I had the feeling that I should check in the garbage. I brushed it off, but awhile later I had the same thought come into my mind that I should check the garbage. I reluctantly went over to the garbage and opened the lid. It was almost completely full, and pretty gross. I poked around in it for a minute, but I didn't see Bear, so I let it go. But I kept having the same feeling, "What if Bear is in the garbage?" So when the time came to take the garbage out to the dumpster, I poked around more thoroughly, and low and behold-- there was Bear! Bear had a bath, and then he and Ty had a happy reunion. I don't always get answers to my prayers so quickly and so obviously, but it was very touching to me to know that the Master of the Universe loves Ty enough and me enough to help us find a silly stuffed animal that would have been lost forever without some intervention. How humbled and grateful I feel!

4 comments:

  1. Very sweet story, thanks for sharing. You deserve those kinds of answers to prayer, so that doesn't surprise me a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would have been tragic to loose the bear he is attached to! Those are important!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would have been unbearable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad Ty has his bear back. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete