Sunday, August 23, 2009

Yielding to Peer Pressure

After years of resisting the growing trend to have a family blog, I have finally caved in. Here's the thing: What if I can't think of anything interesting to put on it? The pressure to be intelligent and witty on a blog is almost smothering! I'm going to be up-front from the beginning: if you are looking for a great blog, I can recommend a few. This one is won't be cutesy and I can't promise it will even be all that interesting, but if you've been invited to see it, then hopefully you care about us enough to look past all that. And if you have a blog of your own that you don't see on our list, let us know so that we can add you to it now that we finally have a place to keep track of them all!

10 comments:

  1. I'm the first to comment on your blog!!! Good job giving in. I'm glad. I was disappointed when you guys stopped the blog after Ty was born.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so excited and believe me we don't expect you to be cutesy, have you seen our blog: not cutesy. we just want to see pictures of you guys. we miss you tons. we miss playdates with Benjamin and Jacob and we miss bbq's together. i miss conversation with you Christa and we miss Brigham's humor:) and we have to see pictures of that baby growing up. and keep us posted about the whole job hunting thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so much fun! If you want to add my blogs, you can, if not I won't be offended:

    perfectlyprovident.com

    summersnook.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can you not have anything interesting to put on it, with three little boys getting into who knows what?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm proud of you Christa!

    I think our blog is more for me than anyone else. It's more of a journal/time line to help if I ever start scrapbooking. Our blog is tommyandkristine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see more of you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! She is blogging! That means you have more time because 2 of your boys are starting school! Is Jacob in school now too?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the invite! You guys are some of our favorite people. We look forward to reading more about what you guys are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katie and I have yet to fall for that peer pressure and start a blog. But we'll watch yours as a good example. Some year, we will.

    My personal opinion though is that you should not have it be private. I can't get updates on my reader when you update your blog because you have yours marked as private.

    Or maybe you're going to be posting top-secret things ... Hm ... maybe I'll wait and see what this blog is *really* all about.

    ReplyDelete