Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Highlights of the Day

1. Watching Ty open up Brigham's deodorant and then take a big ol' bite. Had I realized that he was going to eat it, I definitely would have intervened, but usually he just likes putting lids/caps on and taking them off. His face was hilarious, though.

2. Watching Jacob get a handful of sand out of the sandbox, walk over to Ty, and deliberately dump it on his head. Ty bullies Jacob a lot, so I'd have to say that justice was served. It was just surprising since Jacob pretty much ignores Ty unless an interesting toy is in question.

3. Watching our next-door neighbor come into our backyard and take the broken pool that we've been trying to figure out how to get rid of. He didn't ask-- he's a very shy man-- but he must have seen us trying to fit it in our garbage can and known that we don't have a truck to put it in. So he got rid of it for us. What a wonderful act of service! Had I not seen him in our yard out the window, I never would have known what happened to it.

5 comments:

  1. Yeah! Fun. Sounds like an interesting day. Sorry that I didn't get to talk to you on Sunday like I wanted to, but it's nice to still get stories here.
    I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine Ty's face when the taste of deodorant hit his tongue. Hehe. Way to go Jacob! Sometimes you just gotta stand up for your rights. It sounds like your neighbor has a good heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for a laugh! Kids are great entertainment while they keep ya hoppin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey christa...this is laura anderson, spencer's wife. I somehow happened upon your blog tonight from someone else's...anyways, congratulations on your house, it's beautiful! I'm so excited for you guys to be finishing this whole crazy resident thing. (only one more year, only one more year...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WE miss you so much. I love to read your funny stories. I still think Brigham can retire if you ever decide to write a book. How's your knee?

    ReplyDelete