Friday, December 18, 2009

Jacob-- Master of the House

It has been only minutes since I regained possesion of our house and Jacob Dax. Today is garbage day, so after getting Benjamin out the door for school, I took Ty and pushed the garbage can to the street. Thirty seconds later when we got back to the house, we found the door locked and Jacob twisting the knob from the inside. I called to him to unlock the door, but surprisingly (ha, ha), he didn't. I checked all the other doors-- all locked. Trying not to panic, I went to my neighbor's house to get our spare key I'd left with her, only to find her father-in-law there watching the kids since they'd left for AZ this morning. We called her, but she couldn't remember where she'd put the key. Eventually, my neighbor's father-in-law pulled the screen out of one of our windows and broke in. Jacob was sitting there listening to music-- content in his new-found freedom and power. Little stinker. I think he's got some coal coming his way.

In other Dastrup news, Benjamin made his teacher a Christmas card yesterday.It read, "Merry Christmas Ms. Zuni. You are the beast teacher ever! From Benjamin" It was awesome. I wanted to leave it, but Brigham thought it best to correct his spelling.

For those of you who just can't get enough of our cute children, here's a little video clip for your viewing pleasure:

3 comments:

  1. No more garbage duty for you! I remember one year old David somehow getting locked in the bishop's office during daytime homemaking and nobody had the key. It is such a powerless feeling. Grateful for you kind neighbor's Dad had some experience breaking and entering. Your life is never dull.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my boy! You show 'em Jacob. I hope you enjoyed your few minutes of peace. :) Cute video of the belly flop dancing. I don't know if it will catch on and be a bit hit though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow I hope you are laughing after the fact.
    I would have left B's missed spelled note to his teacher. Its precious.

    ReplyDelete